May 25, 2011

Pepper Chicken


It was a cold Saturday evening and I was craving for something spicy to pep up my taste buds. I found boneless chicken in the fridge and was wondering what to prepare. I searched the internet for more than half an hour, but couldn't find what I was looking for. I got some ideas from here and there but was not completely happy with any particular recipe. Finally I decided to try something on my own and it came out very good.

Ingredients

1. Boneless chicken (bite size pieces) - 300g
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - to taste


2. Whole pepper corns - 2 tsp
Shallots(Small onion) - 3 nos
Ginger - a small piece
Garlic cloves - 2-3

3. Sunflower oil
Onion - 1 big finely chopped
Curry leaf - A sprig
Water - to cook the chicken

Method of Preparation

* Crush together the ingredients given under item 2. Mix this with chicken, turmeric powder and salt and marinate for half an hour.
* Heat oil in a pan and saute onions. Add curry leaves. Add the marinated chicken and stir well. Add water just enough to cook the chicken. Cook till the chicken is fully done.
* If there is any water left, keep on high flame till the water evaporates. Do a taste check and add a little Pepper powder if required. Keep frying it till the chicken gets dry and gets a dark colour.




1 comment:

  1. Pepper chicken...love this...
    looking perfect.....dear....yumm....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...